Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Production and marketing
Some fans have opined that Race Across New Zealand might have been considered for theatrical release as a feature film, given that the animation process involved finer "pencil" outlines than had been used in other episodes, as well as striking scenery delivered with vivid colors. There are also some short pans that seem to suggest that RANZ might have been produced in 16:9 (likelier at the time to be encountered on a movie screen) instead of the 4:3 ratio supported by most television sets at that time.
In the same month the telefilm was premiered, a soundtrack album for Rocket Power was released, featuring the songs that appeared in the telefilm. Besides the show's theme song, the album featured:
- "Individuality" by Area-7
- an English language cover of "99 Luftballons"("99 Red Balloons") by the band Goldfinger
- "Valentino" by Bowling For Soup (who had previously performed the theme song to Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius for the film's soundtrack album)
- "I'm Cool" by Reel Big Fish
- A transcript of the telefilm, from the Maximum Rocket Power website